PHOENIX — A police department in suburban Phoenix is searching for a man suspected of exposing himself near a middle school on Thursday.
Tempe police said a 13-year-old girl was walking to Connolly Middle School near Broadway Road and the Loop 101 about 8 a.m. when the suspect allegedly yelled something at her from his parked truck. The student saw the suspect allegedly touching himself and immediately reported the incident.
He did not try to touch the victim.
The suspect was no longer in the area when police arrived.
A letter was sent home to parents at both the middle school and nearby Curry Elementary School.
The male suspect has an average build and tan complexion. He may be Hispanic. He was wearing dark shoes.
The suspect was in a 2007-2013 Chevrolet work truck with an eight-foot bed. It has a red, yellow and orange body and a white or silver window area and hood. It may have a pipe wrack of chrome piece in the tailgate.
The circumstances, suspect and truck are all similar to an incident that happened Nov. 13, 2014 in the same area.
Anyone with information on the suspect or incident is asked to contact the Tempe Police Department at 480-350-8311.
- Suspect arrested in west Phoenix shooting that killed one, injured two
- Whoa! Man captures big dust devil on video in Tempe
- Tempe Municipal Court judge arrested for allegedly stabbing wife 10 times
- Brews and views: Thrillist names the Phoenix area’s best rooftop bars
- Four Arizona cities among top 50 ‘most fun’ cities in US