PHOENIX — Construction will close a major Phoenix roadway overnight for the next few days, the Arizona Department of Transportation said Tuesday.
Grand Avenue will be closed from 9 p.m.-5 a.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights and from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for construction on a northbound Loop 303 bridge.
While the closure is in place, traffic on Grand Avenue will primarily be redirected onto the Loop 303 or Bell Road. ADOT said drivers should plan for some extra travel time.
The construction is part of an ongoing $46 million project to improve the ramps connecting the Loop 303 and Grand Avenue. The project is scheduled to be completed next summer.
- Arizona officials working to reduce accidents on road to Rocky Point
- Here are the Phoenix-area freeway restrictions for Feb. 23 weekend
- Westbound US 60 reopened after crash forced morning commute closure
- Agency again holding contest for clever Arizona freeway signs
- Rock removal to temporarily close part of Interstate 17 north of Phoenix