PHOENIX — Construction will close a major Phoenix roadway overnight for the next few days, the Arizona Department of Transportation said Tuesday.
Grand Avenue will be closed from 9 p.m.-5 a.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights and from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for construction on a northbound Loop 303 bridge.
While the closure is in place, traffic on Grand Avenue will primarily be redirected onto the Loop 303 or Bell Road. ADOT said drivers should plan for some extra travel time.
The construction is part of an ongoing $46 million project to improve the ramps connecting the Loop 303 and Grand Avenue. The project is scheduled to be completed next summer.
- Arizona company earns $4M contract to repair historic park building
- Interstate 10 eastbound in Phoenix reopens after fatal multivehicle crash
- Crews fully contain 377 Fire in northeast-central Arizona
- Hoover Dam bridge reopens after suspect in barricade incident arrested
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures scheduled for June 15 weekend