KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• An assisted-living center for veterans is opening in Yuma on Tuesday. A former Clarion Suites hotel underwent more than $12 million in renovations. The 151-unit center can handle more than 200 veterans and their spouses with daily living assistance needs.
• A new restaurant has fired up the grill in the Phoenix area. Flourish, located at the CopperWynd Resort in Fountain Hills, opened over the weekend. The menu features a farm-fresh approach for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• The New York-based marketing agency Fingerpaint will expand its Scottsdale operations to handle its continued growth. The agency plans to double its staff. Construction at the 69th Street and Camelback Rod site is expected to be completed by the end of the year.
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists
- Scottsdale student arrested after gun found in parked car on school grounds
- This Arizona city has ranked among the most healthy in the nation
- Replacement for former Arizona state Rep. Don Shooter sworn in
- Three Valley cities ranked among top 10 most prosperous in America