Captain Terri Pacheco of Phoenix was profiled in a special Veteran’s day video put out by the Army Reserve.
Pecheco joined the Air Force right after high school and served four years before going to school for her undergraduate and master’s degree. After grad school, she transitioned to the Army Reserve.
She works as a military technician, providing HR for the Department of Defense during the week. On weekends, she suits up as an Army Reserve soldier. She feels that her two jobs are most definitely related.
“At the end of the day, I feel like I’ve helped soldiers,” Pacheco said.
A recent report shows the Arizona’s six military facilities and their 3,014 Army Reserve soldiers and civilian employees contribute over $122 million to Arizona’s economy.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this weekend
- McCain viewed more favorably among Arizona Dems than GOP, poll finds
- Has Republican Party been redefined under Trump? Sen. Jeff Flake says so
- Ex-high school teacher in western Arizona arrested in sex investigation
- Jaguar known to roam Arizona mountains believed to be dead