PHOENIX — If you live in one Phoenix suburb, you reside in one of the most livable cities in the country, a website said.
A new report from 24/7 Wall Street ranked Goodyear as the seventh best city to live in the country, the only Arizona city to crack the top 50.
The survey praised Goodyear’s average household income of $70,000, which is $20,000 higher than the rest of the state. Goodyear’s poverty rate is 6 percent below the state average. The report also cited the city as being very safe, with one of the lower violent crime rates throughout the state.
“We worked what we call a sense of community and quality of life,” Goodyear Mayor Georgia Lord said of the study.
Lord said the sense of community was improved by the city’s new ballpark.
“It gave us a venue which we can invite our city to,” she said. “We don’t even have a park that will house as many people as we do at the stadium.”
About 96 percent of the city’s residents said they enjoy living in Goodyear and would recommend it to others as a place to live.
The website said Meridian, Idaho is the best place to live in the United States, followed by Danbury, Connecticut; Johns Cree, Georgia; Centennial, Colorado and Eagan, Minnesota.
- Suspected kidnapping victim spotted in Arizona has been found in Nevada
- Kidnapping victim from California spotted in Phoenix area
- Major road near I-10 in Goodyear to be closed nearly a week
- Analysis: Arizona in bottom half of US for health care
- Main Street Minute: Tesla opening another showroom in Scottsdale