A Phoenix group is taking the old adage of “A dog is a man’s best friend” and improving upon it.
Gabriel’s Angels pairs abused, neglected or at-risk children with animal companions for pet therapy.
The pet therapy teams visit participating agencies on a consistent schedule so the children can learn trust, empathy and respect.
Gabriel’s Angels serves nearly 120 agencies and 13,7000 children annually with its 175 pet therapy teams.
The charity is hoping to add an additional 170 teams so it can reach about 10,000 more children.
Gabriel’s Angels accepts donations online.
- Get ready for dogs – Phoenix is No. 6 city for pet-friendly vacation spots
- ‘What the Fluff’ challenge makes us all magicians in the eyes of our dogs
- Maricopa County animal shelter offering free adoptions this weekend
- When are puppies the most adorable? ASU professor finds the answer
- United Airlines bars Arizona travelers from flying pets in cargo in summer