On the afternoon of July 28, 2011 two people went into a store looking to shoplift and ended up committing a more serious crime.
A man and woman went into Fry’s grocery store near Eighth Street and Hatcher Road in north Phoenix.
They were attempting to steal two bottles of liquor. A security guard stopped them as they are walking out of the store, the male pulled out a knife and tried to stab the guard in the neck.
Both suspects fled on foot.
The white male is between 25-30 years old, 5-foot-7 and about 150 pounds with short hair. The female is also white, roughly the same age and height, nearly 180 pounds with distinctive tattoos on her shoulder and calf.
The guard was uninjured.
- Hawaii-bound American Airlines flight forced back to Phoenix
- Phoenix needs more bottled water to help battle summer heat
- Phoenix City Council votes to look at other designs for light-rail expansion
- Grocery chain Safeway closing two Phoenix-area stores
- US Marshals in Phoenix warn of nationwide phone scam