PHOENIX — When watching a football game, is there really anything better than kicking back with a nice, cold brew? Arizona Cardinals fans don’t think so, according to recent reports.
Data from the smartphone breathalyzer company BACtrack, showed Cardinals fans who used the device averaged a blood-alcohol concentration of 0.062 percent, the fifth-highest among all NFL teams.
For those who like to take their Sunday (or Monday or Thursday) with a cold brew, one of Arizona’s top beer experts recommended the best beers for game day.
Executive Director of the Arizona Craft Brewer’s Guild Rob Fullmer said spicy Southwestern cuisine is paired best with an IPA, but also recommended a specific beer for classic tailgaters.
“A Fate Red Hop,” he said. “It’s got a little hop snap to it — red color and caramel — so that would also go well with smoked meats and barbecue.”
Whatever fans choose to kick back with on game day, Fullmer said he hoped Arizona residents support local breweries while cheering on the Cardinals.
“We really feel as though a red, multistyle beer that has the color and something that connects you with the neighborhood and connects you with the Cardinals, we think that is a good choice,” he said.
- Pima Community likely to cut football after 2018 season
- Former Cardinals RB Chris Johnson pleads not guilty to battery charge
- SanTan Brewing Company goes outside the keg, unveils spirits
- Arizona Cardinals draftee Christian Kirk arrested at Phoenix Open
- We’ll drink to that: American Craft Beer Week to celebrate local breweries