PHOENIX — A Phoenix police officer has been arrested for allegedly assaulting his wife, according to the Phoenix Police Department.
Officer Richard Tucker was arrested on Wednesday morning after police responded to a domestic violence call at a residence near 4800 E. Pecos Road, according to Phoenix Police spokesman Vince Lewis.
Tucker was booked for assault/strangulation and criminal damage/domestic violence crimes, according to the Department.
Lewis said Tucker had been with the Department for about a year and will be placed on administrative leave during the investigation.
- Phoenix police searching for robbery suspect who threatened guard
- Silver Alert cancelled for missing 74-year-old woman in Phoenix
- Phoenix police: Officer shoots, wounds man who pointed gun
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists