PHOENIX — A Phoenix police officer has been arrested for allegedly assaulting his wife, according to the Phoenix Police Department.
Officer Richard Tucker was arrested on Wednesday morning after police responded to a domestic violence call at a residence near 4800 E. Pecos Road, according to Phoenix Police spokesman Vince Lewis.
Tucker was booked for assault/strangulation and criminal damage/domestic violence crimes, according to the Department.
Lewis said Tucker had been with the Department for about a year and will be placed on administrative leave during the investigation.
- Six haunted spots to grab a Halloween bite in the Phoenix area
- Phoenix among US cities that have changed the most in past decade
- Main Street Minute: Breakfast chain opens 2nd Phoenix spot
- Three cities in Arizona earn top ranks for advancing LGBT rights
- Off Central: Guitar-making school puts Phoenix on musical maps