PHOENIX — A passenger was arrested for making threats that forced an outbound Phoenix flight to land halfway through the trip.
A band on the American Airlines flight to New York, We Are Augustines, live-tweeted the commotion Tuesday night. None of the 121 passengers or six crew members were injured.
The man was taken into custody after the plane landed in Wichita, Kansas, reported a Kansas TV station.
Wichita airport police Lt. Lloyd Youel said the FBI interviewed the passenger, identified as Jason Baroletti of New York, before he was booked into the Sedgwick County jail.
The TV station said Baroletti was arrested with a federal count of criminal threat.
Flight 622 eventually completed its journey, arriving at New York’s John F. Kennedy Airport around midnight Eastern time.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Get ready for dogs – Phoenix is No. 6 city for pet-friendly vacation spots
- Part of Interstate 10, 17 to be closed during June 22 weekend
- Hawaii-bound American Airlines flight forced back to Phoenix
- Phoenix needs more bottled water to help battle summer heat
- Phoenix City Council votes to look at other designs for light-rail expansion