Murder in north Phoenix: It happened on Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2015 at about 10 p.m.
“Officers responded to a call of a shooting near Seventh Street and Greenway Parkway,” Phoenix Police Sgt. Jamie Rothschild said. “They found 31-year-old Richard Wren shot to death in the parking lot of an apartment complex.”
Investigators determined there was an alleged confrontation between Wren and Anthony Marks, who is in his early 30s. Marks was no longer at the scene and has been on the run ever since.
Richard Wren was better known as Danny. With two older sisters, he was the baby of the family and the only son. He went to Washington High School, where he played baseball and football. His mom, Sharon, said Danny later got into MMA.
“He really got into the mixed martial arts. Any sport he did, he did it to the fullest. He put everything into it.”
Sharon said her son had shown an interest into getting in nursing and was saving money to start his own business. She described Danny as a serious person, who was both protective and loyal.
“He was a warm person and very outgoing. Everyone was his friend until they proved different. He was willing to do anything for anyone.”
- Man shot by Mesa police charged with aggravated assault, other charges
- Phoenix police chief says shooting study would benefit officers, citizens
- Suspect injured in officer-involved shooting in Mesa
- Phoenix police searching for man suspected of stealing wire
- Phoenix shooting leaves two injured, one dead on Saturday