KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Sports Authority plans to bring on 3,500 workers to help during the holiday season. Many managerial and entry-level cashier positions are available. About 100 of the hires will be for stores throughout Arizona
• Valley restaurateur Sam Fox will take his True Food Kitchen concept to Tennessee. The healthy eatery will help anchor an upscale Nashville-area development in 2017. There are 11 True Food Kitchen restaurants nationwide, including two in Phoenix and Scottsdale.
• A casino will open its doors in the West Valley before Christmas. The Phoenix Business Journal reports the Tohono O’odham Nation will open Desert Diamond Casino West Valley near 91st and Northern avenues. It will be the Nation’s second casino in Arizona.
- Arizona teachers make final push for Invest in Ed measure
- Arizona’s prisons boss found in contempt over inmate care
- Get ready for dogs – Phoenix is No. 6 city for pet-friendly vacation spots
- Abrazo microhospital construction underway in Mesa
- 800-pound chunk of USS Arizona heading to Texas war memorial