KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Sports Authority plans to bring on 3,500 workers to help during the holiday season. Many managerial and entry-level cashier positions are available. About 100 of the hires will be for stores throughout Arizona
• Valley restaurateur Sam Fox will take his True Food Kitchen concept to Tennessee. The healthy eatery will help anchor an upscale Nashville-area development in 2017. There are 11 True Food Kitchen restaurants nationwide, including two in Phoenix and Scottsdale.
• A casino will open its doors in the West Valley before Christmas. The Phoenix Business Journal reports the Tohono O’odham Nation will open Desert Diamond Casino West Valley near 91st and Northern avenues. It will be the Nation’s second casino in Arizona.
- Estimated population of squirrel plummets after Arizona wildfire
- Jodi Arias appeal prolonged by transcript errors and omissions
- Camping sold out for Phoenix NASCAR race in November
- Six haunted spots to grab a Halloween bite in the Phoenix area
- Phoenix among US cities that have changed the most in past decade