PHOENIX — A tanker fire slowed East Valley freeway traffic Monday morning near the end of the commuter rush hour.
The tanker’s cab caught fire on westbound Interstate 10 near the U.S. 60 interchange, closing all the lanes. Only the right lane remained closed as of noon Monday.
Police said the tanker was hauling herbicide. Hazardous materials teams were brought in to inspect the tanker, thought it did not appear it was leaking.
- Beep, beep! Phoenix ranks among worst cities in nation for traffic
- Car accident causes 10-mile backup on Interstate 17 north of Phoenix
- Phoenix-area freeway closures should not impact Cardinals game traffic
- Tempe’s Innings Festival to blend music, food and baseball
- Gilbert, Tempe rank among the top 100 fastest-growing cities in the nation