PHOENIX — A tanker fire slowed East Valley freeway traffic Monday morning near the end of the commuter rush hour.
The tanker’s cab caught fire on westbound Interstate 10 near the U.S. 60 interchange, closing all the lanes. Only the right lane remained closed as of noon Monday.
Police said the tanker was hauling herbicide. Hazardous materials teams were brought in to inspect the tanker, thought it did not appear it was leaking.
- Rock removal to temporarily close part of Interstate 17 north of Phoenix
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures over President’s Day weekend
- Off Central: Tempe church working harder than ever to be inclusive
- Police find 3-year-old girl who was reported missing by mother
- Driver dies in wrong-way freeway wreck in Arizona