PHOENIX — A tanker fire slowed East Valley freeway traffic Monday morning near the end of the commuter rush hour.
The tanker’s cab caught fire on westbound Interstate 10 near the U.S. 60 interchange, closing all the lanes. Only the right lane remained closed as of noon Monday.
Police said the tanker was hauling herbicide. Hazardous materials teams were brought in to inspect the tanker, thought it did not appear it was leaking.
- Man who stopped traffic on Hoover Dam bridge charged with terrorism
- Part of Interstate 10, 17 to be closed during June 22 weekend
- Phoenix-area residents can now buy a car — from a vending machine
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures scheduled for June 15 weekend
- ‘Take Me to Church’ singer Hozier will perform in Tempe in October