Share this story...
Latest News

Casa Grande pool evacuated after acid leak

An acid leak at a publicly-owned pool in Casa Grande caused an evacuation on Tuesday.

The muriatic acid, commonly used in pool maintenance and upkeep, leak was reported about 1:00 p.m. The leaky drum was delivered and installed the same day.

As a precaution, the pool was evacuated. Residents withing a two block area were informed there was a voluntary evacuation order in place. Several roads were closed as well.

The Casa Grande Fire Department called in other hazardous material teams to help in the clean-up process.

No injuries were reported.