Rain, wind coming back to Valley in 2 storms spread over a few days

Feb 23, 2023, 11:30 AM | Updated: 11:46 am
(Pexels Photo)...
(Pexels Photo)
(Pexels Photo)

PHOENIX – Be ready for a little more wind and rain in metro Phoenix as soon as Thursday night, local meteorologists said.

Daytime breezes could include gusts up to 20 mph and there is a 40% chance of rain showers, the National Weather Service said. Things pick up Saturday, when the forecast calls for a 60% chance of rain and winds that reach 30 mph.

“I think there’s going to a pretty decent shot at showers this evening, maybe briefly,” Phoenix bureau meteorologist Austin Jamison told KTAR News 92.3 FM early Thursday.

“Another weather system comes through for the weekend into the Phoenix area. Chances of rain start up … Saturday afternoon and peak through the night.”

The light rain will be a comedown from the blustery storm that roared through the Valley on Wednesday.

Power lines were knocked loose by winds and freeways and streets were drenched even though on average less than a tenth of an inch fell in most spots.

The weather service recorded wind above 50 mph in multiple locations, including Paradise Valley, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, Mesa-Phoenix Gateway Airport, Luke Air Force Base and Deer Valley Airport.

“Winds of this magnitude … this doesn’t happen every year, I don’t think,” Jamison said.

KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Jim Cross contributed to this report.

We want to hear from you.

Have a story idea or tip? Pass it along to the KTAR News team here.

Arizona News

(El Mirage Police Department Photo)...

West Valley fugitive who faked death arrested in Indiana

A West Valley fugitive who attempted to fake his death was arrested last week in Indiana, authorities said.
20 hours ago
(Rebecca Sasnett/Arizona Daily Star via AP)...
Associated Press

Report finds UA campus safety gaps after fatal shooting

A report found there were missed opportunities to investigate an expelled University of Arizona student who killed a professor last year.
20 hours ago
(Facebook Photo/Maricopa County Sheriff's Office)...

MCSO seeking information after multiple people shot at West Valley party

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office is seeking information on a West Valley shooting at a party that left multiple people injured.
20 hours ago
(Pixabay Photo)...
Kevin Stone

Arizona Gov. Katie Hobbs vetoes grocery tax ban, signs 9 bills into law

Arizona Gov. Katie Hobbs vetoed two bills Tuesday, including one to ban local grocery taxes, and signed nine others into law.
20 hours ago
(Facebook Photo/Surprise Police Department)...

Suspect dead following shooting with police in Surprise

A suspect died after being shot by police in the back of a car in Surprise on Tuesday afternoon, authorities said.
20 hours ago
(Photo: OCD & Anxiety Treatment Center)...
Sponsored Content by OCD & Anxiety Treatment Center

Here's what you need to know about OCD and where to find help

It's fair to say that most people know what obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorders generally are, but there's a lot more information than meets the eye about a mental health diagnosis that affects about one in every 100 adults in the United States.

Sponsored Articles

(Desert Institute for Spine Care in Arizona Photo)...
Desert Institute for Spine Care in Arizona

5 common causes for chronic neck pain

Neck pain can debilitate one’s daily routine, yet 80% of people experience it in their lives and 20%-50% deal with it annually.
Day & Night Air Conditioning, Heating and Plumbing

Company looking for oldest air conditioner and wants to reward homeowner with new one

Does your air conditioner make weird noises or a burning smell when it starts? If so, you may be due for an AC unit replacement.
Quantum Fiber

How high-speed fiber internet edges out cable for everyday use

In a world where technology drives so much of our daily lives, a lack of high-speed internet can be a major issue.
Rain, wind coming back to Valley in 2 storms spread over a few days