Think Tank counts down to Election Day with Maricopa County Recorder Stephen Richer
Nov 4, 2022, 10:30 AM
Maricopa County Recorder Stephen Richer opens the Think Tank with a discussion of how the county ensures ballot security for mailed ballots, in-person ballots and ballots dropped off at the polling places. What are the steps? Who is watching the process?
We also ask him about:
· The current legal status of armed self-appointed ballot watchers at dropoff locations in Mesa.
· The separate roles of his office, the county supervisors, and the secretary of state.
· The liberalized recount triggers (and specifically, at what point a recount has any realistic chance of changing an electoral outcome).
Then we check in with our favorite political guru Chuck Coughlin, who:
· Reviews Arizona Highground’s latest polls on the top four Arizona races.
· Discusses the future of democracy given the number of election-deniers on the Arizona ballot, and, indeed, throughout the country.
· Offers his insight on the future of the Republican party, specifically whether traditional mainstream conservative Republicans have any place in today’s Republican Party, given the apparent dominance of the MAGA wing of the party.
The Think Tank airs on KTAR 92.3 FM on Saturday 6-7 p.m. and Sunday 9-10 p.m.