ARIZONA NEWS

Suns stars Devin Booker, Chris Paul invest in replica apparel company Mitchell & Ness

Oct 31, 2022, 12:09 PM
(Photo by Chris Coduto/Getty Images)...
(Photo by Chris Coduto/Getty Images)
(Photo by Chris Coduto/Getty Images)

PHOENIX — Phoenix Suns stars Devin Booker and Chris Paul are getting into the jersey game.

Booker and Paul are among a new round of investors in replica apparel company Mitchell & Ness, according to a report last week from The Athletic.

The Suns players are two of several NBA standouts — including LeBron James and Kevin Durant — throwing their financial support into the $250 million company.

“We want to continue to do things like that because this game has had an opportunity to grow tremendously since my rookie year and now guys want to be a part of the business of the game,” Paul told reporters Sunday.

Sports merchandising company Fanatics purchased Mitchell & Ness in February, but NBA athletes didn’t have the opportunity to invest until recently.

Michael Rubin, Fanatics CEO, was a minority owner of the Philadelphia 76ers until he sold his stake of the team over the summer.

NBA rules say that players can’t invest in businesses in which owners are involved.

Rubin and Fanatics own 75% of the company, while the investor group that includes Booker and Paul controls the other 25%.

“So with Rubin divesting his ownership with the Sixers, him being willing to teach us and to talk and communicate to us about business and opportunities in life after basketball, I appreciate him more for that opportunity more than anything,” Paul said.

It’s not the first time Booker and Paul have teamed up off the court.

The basketball players reportedly invested in secondary watch marketplace WatchBox in December 2021.

Arizona Cardinals legend Larry Fitzgerald and NBA icon Michael Jordan were other WatchBox investors.

Lifetime Windows & Doors

We want to hear from you.

Have a story idea or tip? Pass it along to the KTAR News team here.

Arizona News

(KTAR News Photo/Jeremy Schnell)...
Griselda Zetino

Fallen Arizona state trooper to be remembered on Rose Parade float

As crowds pack the streets of Pasadena for the upcoming Rose Parade, they’ll see a float honoring a fallen Arizona state trooper.
7 hours ago
A Peterson Foundation billboard displaying the national debt is pictured on 18th Street in downtown...
SuElen Rivera

Arizona Rep. David Schweikert says cure for diabetes could help national debt crisis

U.S. Rep. David Schweikert of Arizona said Friday he believes the biggest thing that could relieve national debt is the cure for diabetes.
7 hours ago
(Pexels Photo)...
KTAR.com

State health officials urge Arizonans to take COVID booster, flu shot before holidays

With flu season here and an uptick in COVID-19 cases, Arizona health officials encourage people to take precautions ahead of the holidays.
7 hours ago
U.S. Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ) speaks during a House Oversight and Government Reform Committee on Oct....
SuElen Rivera

Rep. Andy Biggs of Arizona discusses his run for House speaker

U.S. Rep. Andy Biggs of Arizona on Friday discussed why he ran for House speaker and about his thoughts on Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy.
7 hours ago
(AP Photo/Patrick Semansky, File)...
SuElen Rivera

Airbnb launches host-friendly program for Phoenix apartment renters

PHOENIX — Airbnb announced Wednesday the launch of a program that will allow prospective renters to search for host-friendly apartments in the Phoenix area. The Airbnb-Friendly apartment program provides tools to those interested in hosting a spare room, including the ability to browse different apartments at various price points and locations, according to a press […]
7 hours ago
Downtown Phoenix. (Screenshot/City of Phoenix Webcam)...
KTAR.com

Weekend wrap-up: Here are the biggest Arizona stories from Dec. 2-4

Storms across the Valley over the weekend left some residents without power and Sen. Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona wants solutions for Title 42.
1 day ago

Sponsored Articles

...
Quantum Fiber

How high-speed fiber internet edges out cable for everyday use

In a world where technology drives so much of our daily lives, a lack of high-speed internet can be a major issue.
...
Quantum Fiber

How high-speed fiber internet can improve everyday life

Quantum Fiber supplies unlimited data with speeds up to 940 mbps, enough to share 4K videos with coworkers 20 times faster than a cable.
...
Children’s Cancer Network

Children’s Cancer Network celebrates cancer-fighting superheroes, raises funds during September’s Childhood Cancer Awareness Month

Jace Hyduchak was like most other kids in his kindergarten class: He loved to play basketball, dress up like his favorite superheroes and jump as high as his pint-sized body would take him on his backyard trampoline.
Suns stars Devin Booker, Chris Paul invest in replica apparel company Mitchell & Ness