Chandler strip mall fire at market deemed ‘accidental’
PHOENIX — A fire that started inside 99 Ranch Market in a strip mall on the corner of Dobson Road and Chandler Blvd Saturday morning was labeled an accident after the investigation, authorities said.
Fire departments received a call around 6 a.m. and they didn’t see any fire outside the building but noticed smoke inside the 99 Ranch Market.
Fire departments then entered the store filled with smoke and noticed a small fire in the middle of the building, said Chandler police Sgt. Jason McClimans.
A Chandler fire department investigator said the origin of the fire in the market was from a produce display appliance.
The building suffered minor damage due to water and ventilation, but authorities believe the business has no longstanding damage.
Mesa and Tempe fire departments assisted with this fire, authorities said.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Pass it along to the KTAR News team here.