ARIZONA NEWS

Storm brings showers to parts of the Valley Tuesday evening

Dec 28, 2021, 6:20 PM | Updated: 8:25 pm
(ADOT photo)...
(ADOT photo)
(ADOT photo)

PHOENIX — A storm brought showers to parts of the Valley Tuesday evening ahead of an expected weather system that could bring even more moisture later in the week.

Glendale and some areas of north Phoenix got 0.12 inches of rain from the storm, according to Maricopa County Flood Control District rain gauges.

Areas in the East Valley including Mesa, Gilbert, Scottsdale and Fountain Hills also got 0.04 inches of rain.

The National Weather Service expected scattered showers to continue throughout the evening.

More rain is expected on Wednesday with a 20% chance of precipitation during the day before boosting to an 80% chance in the evening.

Thursday and Friday are predicted to be wet days in the Valley with a 90% chance of precipitation throughout the day and night on Thursday and during the day on Friday.

The possibility of rain remains likely on Friday night with a 70% chance of precipitation, which could impact some New Year’s Eve plans, before the rain moves out of the area on Saturday.

Anywhere from half an inch to an inch of rain is expected in the metro Phoenix area with the second storm, while far East Valley cities like Globe may get an inch to 1.5 inches.

The rain follows what was a wet Christmas Eve in the Valley, with a daily record of 1 inch being observed on Friday.

We want to hear from you.

Have a story idea or tip? Pass it along to the KTAR News team here.

Arizona News

(Pexels Photo)...
KTAR.com

Peoria police looking for suspect in early morning fatal shooting

Peoria police are looking for the suspect in a fatal shooting that occurred early Tuesday morning, authorities said.
20 hours ago
Michael Duran (City of Phoenix Photo)...
KTAR.com

Michael Duran to replace retiring Kara Kalkbrenner as chief of Phoenix Fire Department

The city of Phoenix on Tuesday announced Michael Duran will serve as the new fire chief of the Phoenix Fire Department, replacing the retiring Kara Kalkbrenner.
20 hours ago
gary sherrod...
Kevin Stone

Suspect shot by Phoenix police near Arizona Capitol jailed after hospital release

An armed robbery suspect shot by Phoenix police near the Arizona Capitol earlier this month was arrested Tuesday after getting released from the hospital, authorities said.
20 hours ago
(AP File Photo/Mary Altaffer)...
Associated Press

Arizona loosens substitute teacher rules to help alleviate staffing shortage

The Arizona Board of Education loosened substitute teacher rules Monday to help alleviate a pandemic-aggravated staffing shortage.
20 hours ago
(Arizona State University Photo; UArizona Photo)...
Danny Shapiro

ASU, UArizona ranked in top 10 in multiple online bachelor’s programs

Arizona’s two largest public universities are ranked in the top 10 for 2022 by U.S. News and World Report for multiple online bachelor’s programs.
20 hours ago
(Facebook File Photo/Phoenix Police Department)...
KTAR.com

Suspect with gunshot wound arrested in Phoenix after police pursuit, car crash

A police pursuit early Tuesday ended after the suspect, who had been shot in the chest, crashed his car and it caught fire near South Mountain Park in Phoenix, authorities said.
20 hours ago

Sponsored Articles

...
Day & Night Air Conditioning, Heating and Plumbing

HVAC upkeep in Arizona saves money, keeps families prepared in the long run

Does your air conditioner make weird noises or a burning smell when it starts? If so, you may be due for an AC unit replacement.
...
ENVOQUE MD

Thyroid issues: Here are the warning signs and what to do

In a 100-person office in the United States, an estimated 12 co-workers, employees and loved ones, will likely develop a thyroid condition during their lifetime. That’s because, according to the American Thyroid Association, more than 12% of the U.S. population will experience thyroid issues.
GLENDALE, AZ - DECEMBER 27: Wide receivers John Brown #12 and Larry Fitzgerald #11 of the Arizona C...
Arizona Department of Gaming

The most memorable games in Arizona sports history every fan needs to know

Sports teams in Arizona have seen their fair share of instant classic games, but there's a few that every fan needs to know.
Storm brings showers to parts of the Valley Tuesday evening