ARIZONA NEWS

Lower temperatures, chance of rain in the forecast this week for metro Phoenix

Dec 6, 2021, 4:35 AM | Updated: 12:43 pm
(Pexels photo)...
(Pexels photo)
(Pexels photo)

PHOENIX — People may finally have to grab a jacket out of the closet after a warm month of November as temperatures in metro Phoenix are expected to drop this week and rain chances make a return to the forecast.

A high temperature of 77 degrees will start the week on Monday before a drop to the low 70’s Tuesday through Thursday, according to the National Weather Service.

Rain chances begin to make an appearance beginning during the day on Thursday with a 30% chance of precipitation before increasing to a 70% chance Thursday night.

Showers remain in the forecast during the day on Friday with a 50% chance of rain while the high temperature is expected to dip to around 66 degrees.

The rain is projected to move out of the area during the evening on Friday as precipitation chances lower to 30%.

Phoenix had 25 days in November where the mercury hit at least 80 degrees, surpassing the past record for the month of 24 days set in 1949.

The warm weather continued into December as Phoenix set a record by reaching 85 degrees on Wednesday, breaking the previous high mark of 83 degrees that was also set in 1949.

Lifetime Windows & Doors

We want to hear from you.

Have a story idea or tip? Pass it along to the KTAR News team here.

Arizona News

Rod Stewart performs during The BRIT Awards 2020 at The O2 Arena on Feb. 18, 2020. in London. (Phot...
KTAR.com

Rod Stewart delays Phoenix concert for more than a year

The Rod Stewart concert scheduled for next month at Phoenix’s Footprint Center is being pushed back more than a year because of unspecified "production delays.”
23 hours ago
(Facebook photo/Maricopa County Sheriff's Office)...
KTAR.com

Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office SWAT team fatally shoots man who allegedly shot at them

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office SWAT team on Wednesday fatally shot a man who allegedly shot at them, authorities said.
23 hours ago
(Flickr Photo/India Water Portal)...
Associated Press

Petitions submitted for new groundwater management district in southeastern Arizona

A proposal apparently headed to the November ballot would have voters in rural southeastern Arizona decide whether to create a new regulatory district to manage large-scale groundwater use for agriculture in an area where aquifer levels have dropped in recent years.
23 hours ago
(Phoenix Police Photo)...
KTAR.com

Police seeking person of interest in Phoenix shooting that left man dead

Police are seeking a person of interest in a shooting in Phoenix last month that left a man dead.
23 hours ago
(Match Market & Bar Photo/Timothy Fox Photography)...
KTAR.com

What’s cooking? Spring Arizona Restaurant Week starts 10-day run Friday

More than 100 restaurants have signed on to show off their menus during Arizona Restaurant Week, which kicks off Friday.
23 hours ago
(Photo by: Lindsey Nicholson/UCG/Universal Images Group via Getty Images)...
Danny Shapiro

Phoenix gas average eclipses $5 a gallon with more increases likely this summer, expert says

Phoenix has eclipsed an average of $5 for a gallon of gasoline and prices are likely to continue rising for a while, an industry expert said Wednesday.
23 hours ago

Sponsored Articles

...
By Dr. Richard Carmona

Now’s a great time to receive your COVID-19 vaccine

If you haven’t received a COVID-19 vaccine yet, now’s the time to join many other of your fellow Arizonans who are doing so right now. No one will criticize you; there is no shame. In fact, you’ll be welcomed with smiles and open arms!
...
DAY & NIGHT AIR CONDITIONING, HEATING AND PLUMBING

In Sonoran heat, prevent costly AC repairs with an annual tune-up

As winter has finally passed and the days are becoming warmer, now is a good time to be sure your AC unit is polished and ready to run.
...
Dr. Richard Carmona

COVID-19 shots continue long tradition of vaccines protecting public health

You want to feel safe. You want your family to be safe. Are vaccines safe? The simple and important answer is: Oh my yes!
Lower temperatures, chance of rain in the forecast this week for metro Phoenix