Woman, 81, in extremely critical condition after Phoenix pool incident
PHOENIX – An 81-year-old woman was rushed to a hospital in extremely critical condition Wednesday morning after being pulled from a Phoenix backyard pool, authorities said.
Rescue crews responded to a call about a woman being underwater for about five minutes at a house near 64th Street and Greenway Road, the Phoenix Fire Department said in a press release.
By the time firefighters arrived, the woman’s family had removed her from the pool and started CPR.
Firefighters started advanced resuscitation procedures before taking her to a hospital.
No other information was immediately available.
KTAR News and Fulton Homes want to remind you that two seconds is too long to take your eyes off kids near water. To learn more about this campaign, visit the website.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- 5-year-old girl taken to hospital after drowning in pool in Glendale
- Phoenix firefighters rescue multiple hikers Thursday amid triple-digit heat
- Phoenix recycling plant near airport, light rail station catches fire
- 3-year-old boy in extremely critical condition after drowning in Phoenix
- 2-year-old girl in critical condition after being pulled from Phoenix pool