1 killed in rollover wreck on Interstate 17 near downtown Phoenix
PHOENIX – One person was killed in a single-car rollover wreck on Interstate 17 at Interstate 10 in Phoenix early Thursday, authorities said.
The 2 a.m. crash closed the southbound lanes of I-17 for more than three hours.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said the driver was heading southbound on Frontage Road from McDowell Road before going down the embankment towards the freeway.
The car ran into a bridge support and then tumbled several times.
The driver was pronounced dead the scene.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- State Route 51 exit in Phoenix to be closed overnight Monday
- More hard rain expected to hammer Phoenix area heading into weekend
- Traffic stop: Commuting times, costs fell sharply during pandemic year
- Broadway Curve project in East Valley starts with I-10 closure Friday
- Collision on I-10 near Tonopah kills 6, sends 5 others to hospital