Wildfire forces evacuations in former mining town Old Bisbee
BISBEE, Ariz. (AP) — Some residents of Old Bisbee were under evacuation orders Thursday night due to a wildfire that authorities said is threatening 30 structures in the former mining town.
The fire began at Zacatecas Canyon and the cause is under investigation.
Bisbee police and firefighters said the wildfire has burned about 30 acres and a temporary shelter has been set up at St. Patrick’s Church in Bisbee.
Cochise County authorities didn’t immediately know how many people have had to be evacuated from Old Bisbee, which is a tourist attraction.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Multiple businesses destroyed in recycling plant fire in Phoenix
- Bisbee evacuation orders lifted after wildfire brought under control
- Fire restrictions to be put in place in some Arizona locations
- Fire forces evacuations from Walmart in Glendale; no injuries reported
- Gilbert opens $85M police and firefighter training facility