Tanker rollover shuts down westbound I-10 in Chandler
PHOENIX – An overnight fiery tanker rollover kept part of Interstate 10 in Chandler shut down Monday as the early commuter hours got underway.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said westbound lanes were closed at Loop 202 after a tanker carrying milk overturned Sunday around 9:20 p.m.
The fire was out but the 50-gallon haul was still being cleaned up around 4:30 a.m.
Drivers were diverted to both directions of Loop 202.
One lane remained closed shortly before 7 a.m.
No other details were immediately available.
I-10 westbound is now CLOSED at Loop 202 Santan/South Mountain due to this semi fire.
All traffic is being diverted to Loop 202.
Expect delays and seek an alternate route.
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) May 10, 2021
Get the latest KTAR News 92.3 FM traffic alerts sent straight to your phone by texting “TRAFFIC” to 411923.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Eastbound Loop 202 at State Route 143 reopens after police investigation
- 4 killed, 9 hurt in fiery crash on eastbound Loop 202
- Ramp from westbound I-10 to US 60 in Tempe to close overnight Thursday
- Small plane lands safely on Mesa freeway during morning rush
- Popular Scottsdale restaurant Rancho Pinot to shut down after 27 years