Shooting in downtown Phoenix leaves 1 dead, 7 injured
PHOENIX — One person is dead and seven others are injured after a shooting occurred between two groups of people in downtown Phoenix.
Police identified the deceased victim as 21-year-old Jaziah Shakor Causey. The other seven victims were identified as six males and one female all between the ages of 18-22, according to Phoenix police.
Police responded to the scene at around 12:24 a.m. Sunday near the intersection of Monroe and 2nd streets where victims were located and transported to the hospital.
Among the seven people injured, none are believed to be in life-threatening condition.
Police said the shooting was a result of an altercation between two groups of people attending an event at a nearby hotel.
It is believed to have been an isolated incident and no evacuations of the hotel took place.
An investigation into the specifics of the incident is underway.
Police are conducting interviews and gathering surveillance of the area to find more information.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Huss Brewing to open location at Phoenix Convention Center this year
- Phoenix police: 1 dead, 2 in critical condition after shooting
- Tempe police arrest suspect in shooting incident that injured 1
- Man found dead after shooting police car during traffic stop in Phoenix
- Officers shoot suspect during burglary attempt in Glendale