Phoenix police identify woman and man in possible kidnapping
PHOENIX — The Phoenix Police Department has identified a woman and man in a possible kidnapping that took place Wednesday night.
The department said the two know each other, and the woman is safe.
Officers had responded to an assault call near the intersection of 21st Avenue and Van Buren Street around 10:45 p.m. on Wednesday.
A witness told police they saw a man force a woman into a red and black pickup truck and that the woman appeared to be struggling and did not want to get into the truck.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Stolen vehicle led to crash in Phoenix that killed 3, injured 7, police say
- Phoenix police hoping for leads to solve decades-old murder case
- Man arrested in fatal hit-and-run of woman sleeping on ground in Phoenix
- Weekend wrap-up: Here are the biggest Arizona stories from June 4-6
- Off-duty Phoenix police officer shoots armed suspect near restaurant