Rollover wreck shuts down southbound traffic on I-17 in Phoenix
PHOENIX – Southbound lanes of Interstate 17 were closed temporarily Monday morning after a rollover wreck west of downtown Phoenix.
The freeway was fully closed at 19th Avenue around 8:30 a.m., according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. The closure was eventually moved back to the Durango Street exit.
The left lane reopened at about 9:40 a.m., ADOT said. Lanes fully reopened around 10:30 a.m.
Traffic cameras initially showed a semi-truck sprawled across all lanes near 19th Avenue on the Durango Curve.
Get the latest KTAR News 92.3 FM traffic alerts sent straight to your phone by texting “TRAFFIC” to 411923.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Driver dies after colliding with school bus, tow truck in Phoenix
- 1 critically injured in 5-car pileup on Phoenix freeway
- Deadline to obtain REAL ID extended to May 2023 in Arizona, US
- US 60/Grand Avenue in West Valley reopened in both directions after crash
- Suspect detained in north Phoenix after gunfire, wreck on I-17