Think Tank discusses journalism, immigration and border issues
The Think Tank “Best of” broadcast for this holiday weekend is our very interesting interview with Fernanda Santos.
Fernanda Santos is a reporter who was the New York Times Phoenix bureau chief for five years. She is currently Southwest Borderlands Initiative Professor of Practice at Arizona State University’s Cronkite School of Journalism and is a contributing columnist for the Washington Post.
We discuss her interesting career path into journalism from her immigration from Brazil, to work in a small town paper, to the Times and the Post, two of journalism’s iconic publications.
We also talk about immigration and immigrants, border issues, the state of journalism and other issues. But mostly we listen to a very interesting person’s perspectives.
In that sense, this is our third consecutive “interesting person” show. If you missed either of the last two shows, with Ernest Calderon or Francine Hardaway, they are available as podcasts.
The Think Tank airs on KTAR 92.3 FM on Saturday 6-7 p.m. and Sundays 9-10 p.m.
Podcasts are available after broadcast.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
The Think Tank
- Kari Lake, Katie Hobbs are early front-runners for Arizona governor, poll finds
- Think Tank shares voices of Cuba during demonstration
- Ken Bennett granted audit access, will remain Arizona Senate liaison
- Maricopa County retrieves ballots, other election items from Senate audit
- Trump supporters raise $5.7M for Arizona election audit