1 dead after fire breaks out at apartment in Phoenix
PHOENIX — One person is dead after a fire broke out at an apartment near 82nd Street and Indian School Road in Phoenix on Saturday.
Fire crews were called to the scene after reports of flames from the window of the apartment.
Upon arrival, authorities said the crew found 10-foot flames coming from the second-story of the apartment.
Officials say firefighters were forced to search the residence on their knees due to the heavy flames, and found one person deceased inside.
The fire was extinguished and no firefighters were injured.
No further information was available.
The Phoenix Police Department will investigating the death, according to authorities.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Fire units respond to stalled roller coaster in Phoenix with 22 riders stuck
- Phoenix activists want independent first responder unit for mental health
- Woman dies in fiery car wreck near Phoenix intersection
- 1-year-old recovering after swallowing unidentified pill at Phoenix hotel
- 3 injured in early morning Phoenix apartment fire