Think Tank discusses immigration, other issues with Arizona attorney
Ernest Calderon is a prominent Phoenix attorney and former chairman of the Arizona Board of Regents, which runs all three Arizona public universities.
Calderon hails from Morenci, Arizona, and his lineage includes American residency on one side that dates to the 1700s and fairly recent on the other.
As a result, his views on the subject of immigration are interesting. We discuss these nuanced perspectives at some length.
Based on Calderon’s service as chairman of the Board of Regents, we also discuss issues relating to the governance of the universities, with particular attention to the role of big-time sports in higher education.
Join us for an interesting discussion with an interesting man on this week’s Think Tank.
The Think Tank airs on KTAR 92.3 FM on Saturday 6-7 p.m. and Sundays 9-10 p.m.
Podcasts are available after broadcast.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
The Think Tank
- Think Tank discusses new book on Arpaio, racial profiling, traffic stops
- Think Tank discusses congressional representation, vote audit
- AP FACT CHECK: Biden skews record on migrants and GOP on virus
- President Biden to pitch sweeping ‘family plan’ in speech to Congress
- Think Tank discusses journalism, immigration and border issues