Southbound Loop 202 at Elliot Road in Mesa reopens after fatal crash
PHOENIX — The southbound lanes of Loop 202 near Elliot Road in Mesa have reopened after being closed for a fatal crash Thursday.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said Friday a motorcycle rider collided with another vehicle around 5:40 p.m., killing the rider.
Lanes were reopened at 8 p.m.
The northbound lanes were unaffected.
** UPDATE ** The freeway has reopened. #phxtraffic
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) March 26, 2021
No other information was immediately available.
Get the latest KTAR News 92.3 FM traffic alerts sent straight to your phone by texting “TRAFFIC” to 411923.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Eastbound Loop 202 at State Route 143 reopens after police investigation
- 4 killed, 9 hurt in fiery crash on eastbound Loop 202
- Small plane lands safely on Mesa freeway during morning rush
- 2 people dead in crash on U.S. 60 near Country Club Drive in Mesa
- Tanker rollover shuts down westbound I-10 in Chandler