Gilbert man with memory problems found safe after Silver Alert
PHOENIX – A Gilbert man who wandered away from a care facility and was the subject of a Silver Alert issued Thursday has been found safe, authorities said.
The Gilbert Police Department said Robert Wynne, 76, who suffers from Alzheimer’s, was located about six hours after he’d walked away from the site near Guadalupe and McQueen roads. Nursing staff noticed he was missing around 2 a.m.
Wynne had no access to a vehicle or a cellphone but he usually wears a Alzheimer’s notification bracelet, his wife said.
No other information was made available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Suspect arrested in death of man at Gilbert group home
- Silver Alert canceled after Phoenix man who uses wheelchair found safe
- New family owned gourmet cookie shop opens Friday in Gilbert
- Silver Alert canceled after missing 25-year-old Glendale man is found safe
- Silver Alert canceled for missing Phoenix man with cognitive condition