This is the story that YOU wanted to hear us talk about! It received 50 percent of the vote in our Radioactive poll!
Burger and King are about to be united as one.
And folks, it’s going to be a whopper…of a wedding, that is.
Joel Burger and Ashley King are about to tie the knot, and the holy matrimony will be funded by none other than Burger King Brand itself.
The company is reportedly paying the expenses of and providing gifts for the July 17 wedding of the two star-crossed sesame seeds.
Burger and King have been as close as flame-broiled beef and cheddar cheese since fifth grade, and even had their engagement photos taken in front of the Burger King restaurant in Springfield, Illinois.
So when the popular fast-food chain heard about their love story, they wanted in.
“When we heard about the happy, Burger-King couple, we felt an overwhelming urge to celebrate their upcoming marriage,” said Eric Hirschhorn, Burger King Brand spokesman. “On so many levels it felt like fate; they found each other and their story found us.”
The company also is providing gift bags, Mason Jars and Burger King crowns, all personalized for Joel and Ashley’s wedding along with picking up the tab.
Let’s hope Burger King will include chicken fries in the deal, too.
- Ducey shuts down rumors of Cindy McCain’s appointment to Senate
- Jan Brewer defends McCain from critics calling for him to step down
- Horizon Honors teacher awarded Mac & Gaydos Pay Tribute to a Teacher
- Protesting teachers line streets near KTAR 92.3 FM for Ducey’s arrival
- Sheriff Paul Penzone voices concerns about Ducey’s school safety plan