This is the story that YOU wanted to hear us talk about! It received 50 percent of the vote in our Radioactive poll!
Have you ever stolen towels from a hotel?
If you’re thinking about doing that again, hotels may be able to track you down.
Some hotels lose up to 20 percent of their linens a month, but those numbers will soon plummet as 2,000 hotels now use chips to track towels using radio frequency.
The chip sends a signal to antennae at the entrance or exit of the hotel, letting proprietors know when the linen has exited the premises.
The chips could save an estimated $50,000 per year in lost linen.
- Former Arizona AG wants Arpaio to be forced to work with immigrant groups
- Teenage witness says deadly Arizona flash flood was heartbreaking to watch
- Ducey is ‘very concerned’ with how GOP health bill could affect Arizona
- Five months into office, Penzone says problems with politics still persist in MCSO
- Ducey faces pressure, backlash during fight to overhaul K-12 education