This is the story that YOU wanted to hear us talk about! It received 81 percent of the vote in our Radioactive poll!
There are just some things you don’t do to Santa Claus.
According to WAFB-TV, some parents are pretty upset about a school play that featured “Gangsta Claus.”
“It struck me as very inappropriate, and I thought poor judgment was used in the selection of that particular play,” says Magnolia Schools Superintendent Dr. John Moore.
The controversial character was brought to life by students at Magnolia High School. The skit, written by Don Zoldis and available online, had everything from paper guns to multiple death scenes.
“It’s disgusting to watch,” says Brenda Dickson. “I was upset because they had guns and these are children having guns on school grounds shooting other students, and to me that is promoting violence.”
Parents said they want both school and district officials held responsible for the content of the play. It is unknown if the drama teacher was punished.
- Ducey shuts down rumors of Cindy McCain’s appointment to Senate
- Jan Brewer defends McCain from critics calling for him to step down
- Horizon Honors teacher awarded Mac & Gaydos Pay Tribute to a Teacher
- Protesting teachers line streets near KTAR 92.3 FM for Ducey’s arrival
- Sheriff Paul Penzone voices concerns about Ducey’s school safety plan