This is the story that YOU wanted to hear us talk about! It received 47 percent of the vote in our Radioactive poll!
Making friends in school is tough to do and nearly impossible if you’re shy.
But according to the Huffington Post, second-grade student Christian Bucks, from York, Pa., had an idea to help everyone make friends: A Buddy Bench.
As reported by the York Daily Record, a buddy bench is a designated seating area where students feeling lonely or upset can seek camaraderie. The area is customarily painted in bright, inviting colors.
Bucks originally saw the idea in a brochure for a school in Germany. After he told the principal of Roundtown Elementary School of his idea, Bucks received immediate support and even got to help design his school’s Buddy Bench.
A school in England has also installed a Buddy Bench. Teachers said it has been a success.
- Arizona DCS head responds to claims of failed foster care protections
- Ducey responds to Don Shooter’s claims of ‘suspicious’ state contracts
- McSally defends sharp language used in U.S. Senate announcement
- Sheriff Paul Penzone looking to eliminate ‘Tent City’ phrase in 2018
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ contestant Evie Clair sings Christmas carols