This is the story that YOU wanted to hear us talk about! It received 47 percent of the vote in our Radioactive poll!
Making friends in school is tough to do and nearly impossible if you’re shy.
But according to the Huffington Post, second-grade student Christian Bucks, from York, Pa., had an idea to help everyone make friends: A Buddy Bench.
As reported by the York Daily Record, a buddy bench is a designated seating area where students feeling lonely or upset can seek camaraderie. The area is customarily painted in bright, inviting colors.
Bucks originally saw the idea in a brochure for a school in Germany. After he told the principal of Roundtown Elementary School of his idea, Bucks received immediate support and even got to help design his school’s Buddy Bench.
A school in England has also installed a Buddy Bench. Teachers said it has been a success.
- Arizona congresswoman hopes Trump meeting start of bipartisan work
- Former Arizona AG wants Arpaio to be forced to work with immigrant groups
- Teenage witness says deadly Arizona flash flood was heartbreaking to watch
- Ducey is ‘very concerned’ with how GOP health bill could affect Arizona
- Five months into office, Penzone says problems with politics still persist in MCSO