The Klingon phrase “cha yIbaH qara’DI'” translates in English to “Fire the torpedoes!”
The original series showed the first interracial kiss on American TV, It was between Captain Kirk and Lieutenant Uhura. In fact, it happened in 1968, the same year Martin Luther King was murdered.
William Shatner requested that his name in the opening credits be 10 percent larger in size than that of his co-stars, Leonard Nimoy and DeForest Kelley. He also sold his kidney stone a collector of oddities for $25,000.
Many elements of the Spock character were improvised by Leonard Nimoy during production. For instance, the “Vulcan neck pinch” was his suggestion.
- Arizona DCS head responds to claims of failed foster care protections
- Ducey responds to Don Shooter’s claims of ‘suspicious’ state contracts
- McSally defends sharp language used in U.S. Senate announcement
- Sheriff Paul Penzone looking to eliminate ‘Tent City’ phrase in 2018
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ contestant Evie Clair sings Christmas carols