Silver Alert canceled for 74-year-old Ahwatukee woman found safe
PHOENIX – A Silver Alert was canceled on Tuesday after a missing 74-year-old Ahwatukee woman with a cognitive condition was found safe, according to authorities.
Carol Becvar was located in the San Carlos Reservation just before noon on Tuesday after a single-vehicle collision into a ravine, according to the release.
Authorities aren’t sure how long Becvar was in the vehicle before being located by the forestry department.
She was transported to the hospital as a precaution with minor injuries.
Becvar left her Ahwatukee home near 24th Street and Chandler Boulevard Monday morning at 9:15 a.m. to go to a doctor’s appointment but never arrived, according to authorities.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Employee shoots, kills attacker at east Phoenix business, police say
- Police say Phoenix man leaves drugs in plain sight after reporting break-in
- Gilbert man with memory problems found safe after Silver Alert
- Phoenix parents find fentanyl pills in glow worm toy from thrift store
- Argument over barking dog preceded fatal west Phoenix shooting