A majority of people were not satisfied with New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s ban on certain sizes of soda, but none more so than Meghan McCain.
“I just don’t understand why Emperor Bloomberg — which is how I refer to him as I am a resident of New York City — why he thinks that somehow he gets a say in what I put in my body,” McCain told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos on Tuesday. “I don’t understand why this is the fight that he wants, this is the legacy he’s going to leave, but it’s pathetic.”
McCain said the ban has her worried what New York City politicians will try next.
“I don’t know where it is going to end either,” she said. “I don’t smoke, but now if you’re seen with a cigarette in new York City, I’m surprised they’re not arrested right on the spot.”
McCain called Bloomberg a “billionaire sitting in his ivory tower.”
- Ducey shuts down rumors of Cindy McCain’s appointment to Senate
- Jan Brewer defends McCain from critics calling for him to step down
- Horizon Honors teacher awarded Mac & Gaydos Pay Tribute to a Teacher
- Protesting teachers line streets near KTAR 92.3 FM for Ducey’s arrival
- Sheriff Paul Penzone voices concerns about Ducey’s school safety plan