Southbound Interstate 17 closed in Phoenix after crash
PHOENIX – The southbound lanes of Interstate 17 in Phoenix were closed temporarily Tuesday morning because of a crash near Greenway Road, authorities said.
All southbound traffic had to exit at Greenway Road and was allowed to reenter the freeway at Thunderbird Road, the Arizona Department of Transportation announced around 8:30 a.m.
All lanes were reopened before 10 a.m, ADOT said.
No other information was immediately available.
Get the latest KTAR News 92.3 FM traffic alerts sent straight to your phone by texting “TRAFFIC” to 411923.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Downtown Phoenix Deck Park Tunnel getting modern lighting system
- I-17 near Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport back open after work completed early
- Weekend closures set for I-17 near Sky Harbor, Loop 101 in north Phoenix
- Arizona plans to allocate $230M for highway safety, capacity projects
- I-17, Central Avenue bridge project in Phoenix to cause weekend closures