When Mitt Romney lessened his stance on abortion, he upped his appeal to swing-state voters.
And that was a smart move.
“That’s why he got Paul Ryan on the ticket,” said Mac. “Ryan is that guy. He’s more of the base, not Romney.”
Let’s face it. When it comes to letting your vice president push the base, it’s along the lines of Bill Clinton, one of the best politicians ever.
This has been another episode of the Romney Files, where Mitt happens.
- Arizona congresswoman hopes Trump meeting start of bipartisan work
- Former Arizona AG wants Arpaio to be forced to work with immigrant groups
- Teenage witness says deadly Arizona flash flood was heartbreaking to watch
- Ducey is ‘very concerned’ with how GOP health bill could affect Arizona
- Five months into office, Penzone says problems with politics still persist in MCSO