3 taken into custody suspected of shooting at DPS troopers in Phoenix
PHOENIX – Three suspects accused of shooting at state troopers near a Phoenix freeway were taken into custody early Wednesday, authorities said.
Transition ramps on Interstate 17 in both directions to westbound I-10 were shut down most of the morning for the investigation.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said officers responding to a call of someone walking on the freeway were fired on after they got the person off the road around midnight.
One of the trooper vehicles was struck but no one was injured. The shots came from the direction of a nearby industrial area.
With help from Phoenix Police, the suspects were found near 25th Avenue and Holly Street.
The ramps were reopened shortly after 7 a.m.
No other information was immediately available.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Mayo Clinic in Phoenix ranked as one of world’s best hospitals
- Phoenix man gets 15 years in federal prison for radiological theft
- Suspect arrested for murder of 74-year-old man in Phoenix
- 1 killed, 2 injured in rollover accident on I-17 north of Phoenix
- Phoenix man accused of shooting at girlfriend over cigarettes