Wreck on Interstate 17 near downtown Phoenix backs up traffic for miles
PHOENIX – A crash jammed up traffic on Interstate 17 near downtown Phoenix early Monday, putting drivers in a long wait.
The wreck blocked multiple southbound lanes at McDowell Road close to the Interstate 10 on-ramps, the Arizona Department of Transportation said around 6:30 a.m.
Only one lane was open on I-17, causing a backup of at least 90 minutes before 7 a.m.
The wreck was cleared around 7:20 a.m. but ADOT was still suggesting drivers take alternate routes.
No other information was immediately available.
Get the latest KTAR News 92.3 FM traffic alerts sent straight to your phone by texting “TRAFFIC” to 411923.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- ‘See Me AZ’ campaign launches to reduce pedestrian and cyclist deaths
- Westbound US 60 near Higley Road in Mesa reopens after crash
- Police say man killed in hit-and-run on Phoenix street
- United Airlines pushes for pilot diversity at Phoenix flight school
- Phoenix Theatre Company announces summer series, return to indoor stage