The city of Moore, Okla., just outside of Oklahoma City, was hit by a mile-wide tornado on Monday afternoon.
This video was captured on the ground by someone with a cell phone. Luckily they made it to safety.
Many neighborhoods, shopping malls and schools were leveled. Cars and trucks were left crumpled on the roadside.
Debris has been reported to be falling in Tulsa approximately 100 miles from Moore.
The same suburb was hit hard by a tornado in 1999. That storm had the highest winds ever recorded near the earth’s surface.
- Former Arizona AG wants Arpaio to be forced to work with immigrant groups
- Teenage witness says deadly Arizona flash flood was heartbreaking to watch
- Ducey is ‘very concerned’ with how GOP health bill could affect Arizona
- Five months into office, Penzone says problems with politics still persist in MCSO
- Ducey faces pressure, backlash during fight to overhaul K-12 education