Local Motors moving headquarters to Chandler Tech Center

Dec 15, 2020, 11:00 AM | Updated: 3:06 pm
(Facebook Photo/LocalMotors)...
(Facebook Photo/LocalMotors)
(Facebook Photo/LocalMotors)

PHOENIX — Tempe-based Local Motors announced on Monday that it will be moving its headquarters location to Chandler.

The 10,000-square-foot facility will be located at Chandler Tech Center near Interstate 10 and Chandler Boulevard.

Local Motors said in a press release that 80% of the building is going to be dedicated to office space, while the remaining 20% will be used for research and development.

“Chandler has been focused on growing our autonomous vehicle industry and we are excited to see Local Motors sign this new lease in our community,” Mayor Kevin Hartke said in the release.

The company is currently developing the “Olli,” which is a 3D-printed, autonomous electric shuttle.

Olli can be seen in various places throughout the world, such as Italy, Germany, Los Angeles, Chicago and Las Vegas.

Local Motors becomes the latest automotive technology company to call Chandler home, joining the likes of other tech giants such as Waymo.

Other companies within the automotive supply chain located in the East Valley suburb also include NXP, Garmin, Maxim Integrated, Intel, Rogers and ARM.

“We are very excited to be moving into our new headquarters in Chandler,” Local Motors President Vikrant Aggarwal said in the release.

“Chandler is building an amazing ecosystem of technology companies that will allow us to accelerate our product and technology roadmaps.”

We want to hear from you.

Have a story idea or tip? Pass it along to the KTAR News team here.

Arizona News

(Facebook Photo/Bike Easy)...

Chandler wants residents to have their say on protected bike lanes

An East Valley city is asking for feedback through on online survey regarding the potential installation of protected bicycle lanes.
1 day ago
(Photo by Carmen Mandato/Getty Images)...
Associated Press

Arizona Gov. Katie Hobbs vetoes bill to ban tents in public places

Arizona Gov. Katie Hobbs vetoed a bill Thursday that would have prohibited people from setting up tents or tarps in public areas.
1 day ago
This undated image provided by Raman and Puja Kalra shows their Dairy Queen franchise restaurant in...
Associated Press

Arizona Dairy Queen on the hunt for missing red spoon statue

The owners of a Dairy Queen in Phoenix remain perplexed as to why someone would steal the giant red spoon that adorned their restaurant.
1 day ago
(Facebook Photo/City of Phoenix, AZ USA)...

Population growth in Maricopa County was largest in nation for second consecutive year

For the second consecutive year, more people have been moving to Maricopa County than any other county in the nation.
1 day ago
(AP Photo/Reba Saldanha, File)...

Arizona politicians react to indictment of former President Donald Trump

Arizona politicians were quick to speak on the unprecedented news of Donald Trump's indictment, with reactions split along party lines.
1 day ago
(Google Maps Screenshot)...
Taylor Kinnerup

Arizona’s News Roundup: Phoenix business owners win homelessness suit, Hobbs’ staffer resigns

KTAR’s Arizona’s News Roundup this week catches you up on homeless encampment updates, a change in the governor's office and more.
1 day ago

Sponsored Articles

(Photo: OCD & Anxiety Treatment Center)...

Here’s what you need to know about OCD and where to find help

It's fair to say that most people know what obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorders generally are, but there's a lot more information than meets the eye about a mental health diagnosis that affects about one in every 100 adults in the United States.
(Desert Institute for Spine Care in Arizona Photo)...
Desert Institute for Spine Care in Arizona

5 common causes for chronic neck pain

Neck pain can debilitate one’s daily routine, yet 80% of people experience it in their lives and 20%-50% deal with it annually.
Day & Night Air Conditioning, Heating and Plumbing

Company looking for oldest air conditioner and wants to reward homeowner with new one

Does your air conditioner make weird noises or a burning smell when it starts? If so, you may be due for an AC unit replacement.
Local Motors moving headquarters to Chandler Tech Center