Crash stops traffic heading into metro Phoenix on I-10 near Chandler
PHOENIX – Traffic heading into metro Phoenix from the south was halted for several hours Monday after a crash on Interstate 10.
Westbound I-10 was closed at Riggs Road near Chandler around 10:15 a.m., according to the Arizona Department of Transportation, and reopened around 1 p.m.
Arizona Department of Public Safety spokesman Bart Graves told KTAR News 92.3 FM that a commercial truck rolled over. The driver suffered injuries that don’t appear to be life threatening, he said.
Graves said no other vehicles were involved, but a separate crash, without injuries, occurred in the backup.
Motorists planning to go through Phoenix on their way to California were advised to instead take Interstate 8.
Eastbound traffic was not affected.
Get the latest KTAR News 92.3 FM traffic alerts sent straight to your phone by texting “TRAFFIC” to 411923.
KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Taylor Kinnerup contributed to this report.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Weekend wrap-up: Here are the biggest Arizona stories from March 5-7
- Closures set for I-10 near downtown Phoenix, Loop 101 this weekend
- Downtown Phoenix Deck Park Tunnel getting modern lighting system
- Southbound Interstate 17 closed in Phoenix after crash
- Weekend closures set for I-17 near Sky Harbor, Loop 101 in north Phoenix