Think Tank guests preview Tuesday’s 2020 elections
Political pros Rick DeGraw and Chuck Coughlin have faced one another running opposing Arizona gubernatorial campaigns. Two of the sharpest political minds in the state, this week they return to the Think Tank to give their views on the 2020 elections that are just days away.
President. Does Donald Trump still have a chance to be elected? Or is he more likely to go down in flames? To what extent can polls showing a Joe Biden lead be trusted?
- U.S. Senate. Will Mark Kelly’s polling lead hold up? Will the president’s dissing of Martha McSally this week hurt her with the voters? Or does it signal that Trump has given up on her?
Arizona Legislature. Democrats have not controlled a single legislative house in decades. What are their chances of reversing that record this year in one or both houses?
Vote viewer guide. Finally, we present some principles for how to intelligently view this year’s elections. There are reasons to believe the vote reporting this year will be different from years past. How should you take in the results; what can you take to the bank and what should you ignore?
The election is days away. This week’s Think Tank has some really astute political observers’ perspectives to help you sort it all out.
The Think Tank airs on KTAR 92.3 FM on Saturday 3-4 p.m. and Sunday 9-10 p.m.
Podcasts are available after broadcast.
The Think Tank
- Mark Kelly meets with Gov. Ducey as he prepares to take seat in Senate
- Biden transition gets government OK after Trump out of options
- Birthday time: Biden turns 78, will be oldest U.S. president
- Senate race winner Mark Kelly expects to be sworn in soon
- Trump, allies make frantic steps to overturn Biden victory