Think Tank discusses education funding and legal marijuana initiatives
This week’s Think Tank features debates on the two statewide initiatives that the voters will face this election.
Proposition 207 will legalize recreational marijuana for those over 21, impose a 16% tax on its sale and permit sentence reviews for those previously convicted of possession of small quantities of marijuana.
Former Arizona Senate Minority Leader Chad Campbell will speak in favor; public relations professional Lisa James will speak against.
Proposition 208 will impose a 3.5% income surcharge but only on personal income exceeding $500,000 for couples (income over $250,000 for single filers). The proceeds will increase educational funding in the state.
Joe Thomas, Arizona Education Association, is in favor; Marty Shultz, longtime retired APS lobbyist, is against.
The Think Tank airs on KTAR 92.3 FM on Saturday 3-4 p.m. and Sunday 9-10 p.m.
Podcasts are available after broadcast.
The Think Tank
- Young Arizona voters turning out in big numbers in early vote
- Trump, Biden lawyer up, brace for White House legal battle
- Friday is Arizona deadline for mail-in ballot request for 2020 elections
- Maricopa County Elections Department adds features to enhance vote process
- Here’s what you need to know about in-person, mail-in voting in Arizona