Northbound SR 51 opened near Bethany Home Road after crash
PHOENIX – The northbound lanes of State Route 51 opened around 5 p.m at Bethany Home Road after a crash Thursday, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
A woman in an SUV was reportedly speeding on the southbound side of the freeway when she lost control and rolled into the northbound lanes, according to the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
She was ejected and sustained serious injuries. A child in the vehicle was also injured but the injuries were less severe.
The northbound lanes were shut down around 2:30 p.m.
All traffic was being directed to exit at Bethany Home.
The HOV and left lane of the southbound lanes were also closed.
Get the latest KTAR News 92.3 FM traffic alerts sent straight to your phone by texting “TRAFFIC” to 411923.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Sen. Kyrsten Sinema speaks with Amy Coney Barrett ahead of vote
- Biden calls out Arizona’s Ducey for not having statewide mask mandate
- President Trump to return to Arizona before Election Day
- Arizona public schools see enrollment decline amid coronavirus pandemic
- Arizona elections officials ensure accessible voting for at-risk voters