Think Tank talks about Joe Biden and the Democratic National Convention
The Democrats nominated Joe Biden this week in the first-ever virtual convention.
Rick DeGraw is a longtime Democratic politico and was a delegate at two prior (in-person) Democratic national conventions. His perspectives are both interesting and insightful.
We dissect the convention and explore the following:
- What worked and what didn’t work in this virtual convention.
Who shone (and who bombed) among the “supporting cast”: the Republicans, Michelle Obama, Barack Obama, Jill Biden, Kamala Harris and the ordinary citizens who were featured during the convention.
- How did Joe Biden’s speech work. Did he dispel the “Sleepy Joe” moniker Donald Trump has tried to put on him?
We also present some of the best and illustrative sound clips from several of these speakers. So if you didn’t see much of the convention, you can hear some of its best moments.
In our final segment, we assess:
- What will the Republicans do differently as a result of seeing how the Democrats put together the first-ever first virtual convention?
- Do we expect the Democrats will get the traditional convention “bump?
- Was the whole socially distanced Zoom convention an advertisement for the Trump Administration’s failure to deal with COVID?
The Think Tank airs on KTAR 92.3 FM on Saturdays 3-4 p.m. and Sundays 9-10 p.m.
Podcasts are available after broadcast.